Skip to main content

Masking Tape Shoes









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D to 2D

I decided to make an album cover using my Memento project as inspiration. I named the album monumental, because that is the impression I had of the environment in Monument valley. I used Adobe Illustrator to create the Illustration of the object, and set in on a solid colored background on top of a geometric form (circle). This give the cover a more graphic feature. I chose the deep red, because it also reminded me of the dirt of the desert, which is home to Monument Valley.

Hair

Hair protects the skin most sensitive to touch. Hair is also used for personal expression of oneself. You can wear it long or short, curly or straight, naturally or styled, blonde or brunette or any other color we can register. I used to wear my hair quite long. It felt heavy and uncomfortable. A couple months ago I chopped my hair off. What you see in the picture is the hair that now no longer feels like a burden.

Masked Identity

This project was about creating a mask, that had something to do with identity, whether it was your own personal identity or identity that relates to you, that you can find in somebody else and combine that with Renaissance symbols. I found the aspect of identity, that is reflective of the people you surround yourself with, very interesting and I combined that with the self-reflective symbolism of the mirror. I used these ideas to create a mask that had all these ideas tied into it. I did so by creating the basis out of wire, followed by using tracing paper and gel medium to create a papier mache. I then spray painted the mask white and the face and "antlers" black. I then glued mirror pieces onto the front of the mask. I chose black and white, representing our bad and good qualities, and the mirrors to tie in the reflectiveness of personalities onto one's identity. The mask is about 60 inches wide and 70 i